Monday, February 12, 2018

Adios to Frontera Monclova!

4 1/2 months out here in Frontera Mexico and it looks like everything is going to change tomorrow! It's going to be kind of hard to say bye to some of the great members and converts that I have worked with over the past couple of months, however, I’m excited to start working in Palau, Mexico It is like this really small town a little bit farther north from Monclova in the middle of nowhere haha. Two of my boys from the CCM Elder Reed and Elder Sabey are going to be there too though so it will be sweet to catch up with them. 

Yesterday we had the privilege to baptize my main man Jose. He was the guy I talked about last week that contacted us in the street one day. Anyways, he can’t move the left side of his body so Elder Carreon and I baptized him together with all three of us in the font. I carried him down there in the font, so it was a great workout! I’m not going to go into detail about this part hahah, but Elder Carreon and I helped him change.... We set up a really good program and had some members share some short talks, he was so grateful to see all of his friends from church come because his family wouldn’t. The Spirit was so strong during the baptismal service! It has been so great to work with him over the past three weeks, he has already changed so much. We are preparing him at the moment to get the priesthood next week and he is so excited to continue to progress with his ward family! (It was so hard to say goodbye to him today, he is like my best friend out here in Frontera.)

We were going to baptize Alondra yesterday too, however, her mom couldn´t come so we changed it to the next week. It's too bad I won’t be here for it; however, the important part is that she is going to be baptized. We went and visited her last night and she taught me how to make tortillas de harina (flour tortillas) so that was hype. 

Tonight, I’m going to go say bye to a couple of more people and then I need to figure out how to transfer my dumbbells hahhah. I’m sure I’ll have some great stories next week lol! 

Much love - Elder Ceb

1. Jose's Baptism Day!


2. Gotta love getting ready for baptisms!


3. Helping my boy Jose out in the shop the other day


4. We had a little Carne Asada for Elder Smith's birthday! 


5. Bought my boy Elder Smith a cake for his birthday!



6 & 7. Tortillas de harina (def way hype but they high key kill gainzzzz)



8. Saying goodbye to the Baronco Fam


9. Gonna miss my boy Jose


10. Alondra was way sad that I'm leaving haha she keeps saying she wants to come to the bus station tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Cebollero's Homecoming

We loved hearing Elder Cebollero speak in our church about his mission and hearing his beautiful testimony.  After church, we had a taco bar...