Monday, May 14, 2018

Loving life! Mother's Day Week 2018

Yesterday was definitely a day to remember! It was so good to talk with the fam for a bit, oh and it was way chill to talk to the boys too! Shout out to AK and $ki, with a special shout out to my mom because she taught me everything I know, just like the mothers of the Two Thousand Stripling Warriors! #shoutouttothebookofmormon 

This past week was super dope.  My companion Elder Leon and I had a ton of success so that was way chill! We found 29 new investigators and we have a way serious baptism date coming up, along with another 6 people in church! It´s always good to see a little hard work pay off! 

This past Wednesday during our district meeting we set a bunch of goals to complete as a district each and every day and it made this week a blast! On Wednesday the goal we had was to challenge someone to a quick pick up game, so Elder Leon and I went and played some baseball with some kids! Then after we played some baseball, we went over to Melisa’s (our convert) house because there are a bunch of kids that always play soccer out there! When I got there, I told them that if we won they all get to come to church with us on Sunday, and since I’m just some random white dude that looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger, they didn’t think I could play... However, they didn’t know that we have the Lord on our side, like honestly, because I was a beast!! I scored like 3 or 4 goals and we beat them 6 to 0! It was crazy I was out there playing like Messi but like 10 times better haha! 

Then on Thursday night we were passing by Melisa’s house and there was a soccer game on between Los Santos and America, all of the kids were huge Santos fans but my team is America (from Mexico City). They are basically the Mex soccer bandwagon version of the warriors lol lol! Haha but anyways, since my team lost all the kids got to pour water on Melisa and I so that was fun haha, definitely the closest I’m getting to a swimming pool for the next two years! 

Thursday was Mother’s Day here in Mexico! It was way cool, definitely a huge party hahah. I had cake 4 different times so it was definitely bad for the gainz but it was Tres Leches so it’s tight!

On Friday we had a little branch movie night in the church with my projector! It was cool we had 7 investigators there, including 5 of the kids we destroyed in the soccer game on Wednesday haha! The kids loved the movie and were excited to come to church on Sunday, however, they weren’t able to come so we'll have to help them wake up on time next week....

Saturday, we invited over thirty people to church so that kept us crazy busy! Then on Sunday I got to talk with the fam for a bit! I even called my Grandma Pat from Florida from my phone and it was so cool to surprise her with a phone call, definitely something I will remember forever, hopefully she didn’t notice I cried a little bit when I heard her voice haha! My skype was also a way cool experience, it’s crazy I have been here in Mexico for 9 months but I have never felt closer to my family and loved ones!

Today for p-day I got a quick chest and back work out #coryG! 

Loving life right now…thanks for all the love and support! Hope you all have a great week.

Much Love,

Elder Ceb


1. Talking with the fam!


2. Talking with my boys!


3. Cake with Elder Leon


4. Tarantula #RIP


5. Solid papanachos for dinner! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Cebollero's Homecoming

We loved hearing Elder Cebollero speak in our church about his mission and hearing his beautiful testimony.  After church, we had a taco bar...